Skip to content | Tuesday, 11-Dec-2018 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A


Who Can Use the Service

Anyone who has been accepted onto MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast’s Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age.  Under normal circumstances you will need to be 18 before you will be offered a tenancy.

You will need to complete an application form, which can be completed by clicking here.  The application form enables you to apply for a Council or Housing Association rented home. For details on how to contact us and our opening hours click How to Contact Us.
Along with your application form you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Proof of right of residency for all your household members (e.g. rent book, recent utility bill, Council Tax bill, bank statement, child benefit confirmation, full birth certificate)
  • Proof of Pregnancy MATB1 (where applicable)
  • Proof of right to residency or work in the UK (e.g. passport and other Home Office documentation where applicable)

You can hand in your documents to any office of an Assessing Partner, please click here for details. If you are sending documents though the post, please do not send originals and ensure that you have provided enough stamps for the information to reach us.

If you do not complete all relevant parts of the application we will be unable to process it for you.  You will be contacted to provide the missing information.  If you have not provided this information within 28 days the application will be cancelled and any paper forms returned to you.  

In some circumstances we may be able to process your application whilst awaiting further information.  Your application will be placed in the lowest band.  Once the documents are received your application will be re-assessed and placed in the appropriate band from the date the documents were received, we will aim to do this within 10 working days of receiving all the information. Click Prioritising Applications for more details on our banding scheme.

Once you have been made an offer of accommodation you will need to provide two satisfactory references.  One reference must be from your current or most recent landlord.  We are unable to accept references from family or friends.  You will also need to provide further documents to your sign up interview.  We will let you know what documents to bring with you before the appointment.

Who cannot use the service?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application and been accepted onto the housing register.

There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:

  • Certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland

For more detailed information please refer to the Consistent Assessment Policy in the publications section or contact your Assessing Partner.


Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy